Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Random Thought


This is just a random thought and I’d like to say something about the ACLU or the American Civil Liberties Union.

I know this has nothing to do with outdoor furniture, but I had to say that as Google says that our blog post must have relevant content and by mentioning  the words outdoor furniture we now do. Now back to the topic at hand.

 I heard on the news this morning (5/9/2012) that the ACLU has taken it upon themselves to sue a high school, (which I thought was incredible) and I apologize that I did not pay attention to who the high school was or where the high school was located, but the fact that it was being reported on the national morning news, either The Today Show or Good Morning America, for displaying the Ten Commandments.  Apparently the ACLU is an anti-religious organization, as I gather it. Now, I am an American and I am not against religion and I am pretty sure I am in a country that was founded and allows freedom of religion and I do not understand why the ACLU wants to restrict the freedom of religion, not to mention the freedom of speech which in turn would allow the voice of religion, along with anything else anyone would want to voice, say or display.
So this evening, I am out in my back yard down at the lake, it is totally dark, there is no moon,  the stars are shining brightly, I can make out some house lights across the lake,.… it’s quiet, a beautiful night, I’m reflecting  on the day’s events and my life in general and then I hear the roaring sound of a jet plane as it passes overhead, really loud, spoils the mood  that I had drifted into…….and then I think, how come the ACLU is not suing the airlines, the airports, the airplane manufacturers, the pilots (both commercial and general aviation), for  ruining my civil liberty of a quiet night down at my dock, (or in my backyard or wherever). My pursuit of a quiet evening is my civil right and I would want an organization that was formed to protect my civil rights to jump in there for me,…. maybe an organization like the ACLU. So why are they picking on and suing in real dollars, a high school that is displaying a plaque with the Ten Commandments on it, in a school that has what maybe just 400 students or so, and not suing the airlines for ruining possibly millions of people’s quiet enjoyment of peace on earth with the sounds of jet engines, not to mention my formerly quiet night at my dock!!
Now, as a former airline pilot who used to make all that noise, I hope you understand I’m being a little sarcastic.  
So, let me be frank, I think that the ACLU is a very small organization in terms of numbers of individuals, (now really, somebody tell me how many members are there in the ACLU), and who I believe are basically radicals, of some degree, and who I am sure believe they are doing good for the general populist, but who are in fact, so far out in left field that to put it in baseball term, they’re way out of bounds. ……… out near the Outdoor Furniture .
The ACLU is not America's friend and is possibly a hugh threat to the American way of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment